Bring the warm, zesty flavor of queso dip to your next picnic or tailgate party. This simple and satisfying dish will become a go-to for your events.
- 1 medium onion - diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lb of white American cheese - cubed
- 4 oz. pepper jack cheese
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large jalapeño chopped (seeds removed unless you like spicy) 1 additional jalapeño sliced for garnish
- 3 lime slices as garnish
- 1 4 oz. can of green chilies (drained)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- In a large non-stick pan, sauté onion and jalapeño on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes until onions are soft. Stir in garlic powder, chili powder, and cumin. Add half and half, cheeses, and chilis, and continue to warm on low heat. Add 4 tablespoons fresh chopped Cilantro and stir regularly until smooth and all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Transfer to a small crock pot to keep warm and top with lime slices, sliced jalapeño, and remaining fresh chopped Cilantro.