Make your own Roasted Pumpkin Seeds to enjoy this nutritious snack this Fall!
- 1 cup Pumpkin Seeds (about 2 pie pumpkins)
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp finely chopped Fresh Soli Organic Living Thyme
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
Preparing the Seeds:
- Cut each pie pumpkin in half lengthwise or cut around the stem to remove the lid.
- Scoop out and remove all the pumpkin seeds and strings. (You'll get ~¾ cup seeds from one 3-pound pie pumpkin.)
- Place the seeds in a colander in the sink. Rinse them under cool running water for 20-30 seconds, running your fingers through them to loosen the seeds.
- Dry pumpkin seeds thoroughly with a dish towel or paper towel. (If you have the time, let them sit out overnight to dry them completely.)
Roasting Pumpkin Seeds:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine pumpkin seeds, oil and Thyme in a large bowl. Toss to coat the pumpkin seeds thoroughly.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until pumpkin seeds are crunchy.
- Let cool completely before enjoying.
Feel free to experiment with different seasonings to create your favorite flavor combination for these delicious, toasted pumpkin seeds. Fresh Rosemary works well, too!