- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 sprigs fresh Thyme (plus more for garnish)
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2oz good quality bourbon
- Lemon peel (optional garnish)
Make the thyme syrup
- Bring water and honey to a gentle simmer and stir to completely dissolve honey.
- Add thyme and remove from heat. Cover and allow the syrup to cool completely (about an hour).
- Remove the thyme and strain the syrup into a jar using a fine mesh strainer.
Mix Up a Drink
- Combine 4 tsp of the thyme simple syrup and 3 dashes of bitters to an Old Fashioned glass. Feel free to adjust to your sweetness preference.
- Add ice and bourbon
- Garnish with extra thyme and a lemon peel
- Stir and Enjoy (in moderation)!
You will have extra thyme simple syrup. It can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.