Taco Mac and Cheese with fresh Cilantro. The perfect weeknight meal that makes the perfect leftovers for your kid's thermos.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2.5 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz. farfalle pasta
- 15 oz. canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- Soli Organic Cilantro
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil (1 tablespoon) over medium high heat. Add the diced onion and bell pepper and sauté until softened and starting to brown (about 3 minutes).
- Add the ground beef (1 lb.), minced garlic (2 cloves) and taco seasoning (1 tablespoon). Cook until ground beef is fully cooked, breaking it into small pieces with a wooden spoon, (about 5 minutes).
- Add the chicken broth (2.5 cups) and salsa (1 cup). Bring to a boil. Add the pasta (8 oz.) and stir together. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 minutes, or until pasta is cooked all the way and liquid has mostly been absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the drained and rinsed black beans and frozen corn (1 cup). Continue heating for 2 minutes or so, stirring occasionally, until corn and beans are heated through. Stir in the shredded cheese (2 cups