Try this simple Mediterranean salad filled with our fresh Organic Mint and Parsley. Best served with a side of Atoria’s Family Bakery Naan.
- 1 ½ cups boiling water or chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup dry bulgur
- 1 teaspoon salt (omit if you are using broth)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 green onions (scallions), finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped Soli Organic Living Parsley
- ⅓ cup chopped Soli Organic Living Mint
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large English cucumber (or 2 medium Persian cucumbers) cut into ½-inch pieces
- 3 ounces crumbled feta
- 1 cup Greek olives or kalamata olives, pitted and halved (20 to 24)
- Bring water to boil, add dry bulgur to boiling water or broth, and stir. Turn heat off, leaving the pan in place; cover and let stand 25 minutes.
- Fluff bulgur with a fork and then allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once the bulgur is cool, add salt, lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic. Stir to combine; cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- When you're ready to serve the salad, remove the bulgur mixture from the fridge and toss with a fork to lighten and separate. Add green onions, parsley, mint, tomatoes, cucumber, feta, and olives; stir gently to combine. Taste for seasoning — add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve with Atoria’s Traditional Naan.