Combining the savory flavors of citrus, sage and rosemary, this holiday turkey brine gives your Thanksgiving bird an extra boost of flavor.
- 12 cups Water
- 1 cup Morton Kosher Salt
- 3 Oranges, peeled
- 3 Lemons, peeled
- 1 Grapefruit, peeled
- 1/2 cup Fresh Sage Leaves
- 4 Sprigs cup Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp. Whole Peppercorns
- 15 lb. Turkey, giblets removed
- In a very large stockpot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Once boiling, add the salt and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients (except for the turkey). Allow the brine cool to room temperature. Once cooled, add the remaining 8 cups of water.
- Prepare the turkey for brining and carefully submerge the turkey into the brine, being careful not to overflow. Allow to brine for 12 - 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- When you’re ready to cook the turkey, drain it from the brine and pat dry. Roast the turkey as usual, using your favorite recipe.