This straightforward, Warm Sage Infused Maple Syrup makes everything taste better.
- 16oz bottle of quality pure maple syrup
- 12 - 15 Sage leaves from a Soli Organic Living Sage Plant chopped into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon water
- Add chopped sage leaves and water to a medium saucepan. Use a wooden spoon or muddler to bruise the sage into the bottom of the pan thoroughly.
- Add the maple syrup to the pan and put it over medium heat until you see the beginning of a boil. Stir frequently. Reduce heat and keep to a dull simmer for 15 minutes, continuing to stir frequently. Please do not allow it to boil or heavy simmer.
- Allow to cool and use with pancakes, French toast, or waffles. (try adding a tablespoon or two to the pancake batter). Try it in your tea or coffee. You can also add it to BBQ sauces and meat and fish glazes.