This Raspberry-Basil Chia Seed Jam is a quick and healthy alternative to sugary, store-bought jams or jellies. Whip up a batch in as little as 15 minutes with just five simple ingredients.
- 5 – 7 Fresh Basil Leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Fresh Raspberries
- Juice from ½ Lemon + a little Lemon Zest
- 2 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp. Maple Syrup or Honey, optional for sweetness
- Heat fruit in a small saucepan, making sure to stir it around every minute or so. Once heated, use a fork to break down the fruit to your desired consistency. Remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice, zest, basil and chia seeds to the heated fruit. Stir all ingredients together until well combined. Taste and add maple syrup or honey if you prefer a sweeter jam.
- Allow jam to cool for 5 – 10 minutes; it will thicken as it cools. Serve immediately or store in a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
This recipe produces a savory, yet tart jam. Go ahead and adjust ingredients as you feel necessary – chia jam is a very forgiving recipe. Lemon zest will add to the tart factor, so feel free to skip it if you prefer a condiment that is on the sweeter side.