Ditch that pricey gas station candy bar and pack a batch of our delicious energy bites for your next road trip! Chock-full with vitamins and protein, these snacks will give you the fuel you need to stay energized while you travel to your next destination.
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup Almond Slices
- 1/2 cup Toasted Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Dried Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Ground Flax Seeds
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- Up to 1 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Hemp Hearts
- 1/2 cup of Nut Butter
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Toss all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add liquid ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to chill.
- Roll into bite-sized energy bites and enjoy immediately.
- If you’re customizing your mix-in flavors and notice that your batch is a little dry, add more nut butter. If it’s a little wet, add more oats or ground flax seeds. There’s no right or wrong when it comes to this recipe, so have fun with it!
- Store bites that are not consumed right away in an air tight container. They can be refrigerated for up to a week or placed in the freezer for a longer shelf life.