This creamy frozen dessert has a refreshing mint flavor and crunchy pistachio pieces mixed in for texture and a nutty taste. The combination of textures, with the smoothness of the ice cream and the crunch of the pistachios, creates a delicious and satisfying dessert.
- 10 -12 fresh Soli Organic Mint leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachios (shelled)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- In a saucepan, bring milk and fresh mint to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Pour the eggs into the cooked milk while stirring constantly.
- Cook on low heat until the mixture thickens. Turn off the heat and let it cool down before placing it in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Whip the cream until thick and fold it into the mixture.
- Add the chopped pistachios and mix.
- Add the mixture to your ice cream machine.
- When serving, garnish with whole pistachios and sprigs of mint.