This refreshing party-sized sipper is great for holiday parties, but can be enjoyed any time of year.
- 0.5oz Basil
- 1 Red Apple, chopped
- 1 Orange, sliced
- 3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- ½ cup White Rum
- 1 bottle of Tempranillo (or another big, dry red wine)
- Muddle 5-7 basil leaves, fresh fruit and brown sugar in a large pitcher with a wooden spoon.
- Add orange juice, rum and red wine. Then stir to combine.
- Taste to see if you’d like more sugar. Sprinkle with additional fresh basil before serving (because it’s pretty).
- Serve over ice and garnish with an optional orange slice.
You can substitute the rum with brandy, if preferred.