We have a new favorite festive dinner for spooky season! These Jack-O-Lantern stuffed peppers with Organic Basil are just as fun to carve as they are to eat.
- 6 orange bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 pound ground turkey or chicken
- 2 teaspoons Soli Organic Basil, plus 1 tablespoon for garnish
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove the tops, seeds, and membranes from the bell peppers and carve them with jack-o-lantern faces.
- Brush the peppers with olive oil and bake for about 10 minutes, or until almost cooked.
- In a non-stick pan, saute onion until soft and translucent. Mix in ground turkey or chicken, Soli Organic Basil, salt, and pepper.
- Brown the meat, add the diced tomatoes, and combine.
- Mix in cooked rice, grated mozzarella, and parmesan and on medium heat until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the meat mixture into each bell pepper, then garnish with more mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10 more minutes. Remove from the oven and enjoy!