Ah, Irish soda bread! A classic that's been a staple in Irish households for centuries. And what's better than adding delicious herbs like Rosemary and Sage to the mix?
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh Baking Soda
- 3 tablespoons Chopped Soli Organic Living Rosemary
- 3 tablespoons Chopped Soli Organic Living Sage
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 ¾ cup Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a dutch oven with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda and salt and chopped herbs.
- Slowly stir in buttermilk until the dough comes together in a ball.
- Gently kneed for 20 seconds using additional flour to keep it from sticking to the surface and your hands.
- Conform the dough into a ball and place it in your Dutch oven.
- Sprinkle small amount of flour on top of the dough.
- Using a sharp knife make 3 slices across the top of the dough to allow it to expand.
- Place lid on top of Dutch oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, covered, then remove the lid and bake for an additional 20 minutes or so until the crust is golden brown and crispy.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.