Combining warm, sweet watermelon with creamy feta and cool fresh mint, this salad is a wonderful addition to a picnic or backyard BBQ. It’s an unexpected sweet and savory combination that comes together perfectly on the plate.
- 7 slices watermelon, each 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 3 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. mint or basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. crumbled feta
- Spray grill rack with nonstick nonflammable cooking spray.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush watermelon slices with 1 tbsp. oil.
- Grill watermelon for 4-5 minutes per side or until browned.
- Cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining oil, vinegar, mint/basil, salt and peper.
- Drizzle sauce over watermelon.
- Sprinkle with feta and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.