A Hostess Gift that says “Thank You” with Flavor
- 1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 teaspoons fresh chopped Soli Organic Rosemary
- 3 teaspoons fresh chopped Soli Organic Basil
- 3 teaspoons fresh chopped Soli Organic Oregano
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large mixing bowl, add yeast, sugar, and water. Stir in salt, rosemary, basil, oregano, and garlic.
- Add 2 cups of flour and the parmesan cheese and stir until combined. Gradually add in the remaining 1/2 cup flour (if needed) until you have a smooth and elastic dough that is tacky but doesn't stick to your hands.
- Transfer to a lightly greased mixing bowl, cover, and let rise until double in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Drizzle a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Divide the dough in half and shape it into two separate round loaves. Place loaves onto the prepared baking sheet. Let rise another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Top each loaf with 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- Bake in the 375-degree oven for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown.
Recipe adapted from thestayathomechef.com.