Give the gift of flavor with these Fresh Herb-Infused Olive Oils. Herbs like Rosemary and Thyme are great additions.
- 12 sprigs Soli Organic Rosemary
- 12 sprigs Soli Organic Thyme
- 12 sprigs Soli Organic Oregano
- ⅓ cup garlic, coarsely chopped in ¼-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons citric acid
- 2 cups water
- 4-6 cups olive oil of choice
- Acidify: Place the Soli Organic Rosemary, Thyme, and Oregano in the bottom of a bowl. Mix 1.5 tablespoons of citric acid with 1 cup water and pour over the herbs. Nest a smaller bowl on top of the herbs to weigh them down so they are fully submerged in the solution. Allow the herbs to soak at room temperature for 24 hours to bring the acidity beyond the growth limit for bacteria. Repeat separately with the garlic.
- Infuse: Heat the oil to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the herbs and garlic from the acidic solutions and pat dry. Drop carefully in the oil and heat for no more than 5 minutes.
- Store: Add any decorative, acidified fresh herb sprigs to glass bottles and strain the oil through a funnel into the bottles. Seal and keep away from heat and light, or in the fridge for a longer shelf life. Enjoy!
Inspired by Aimee Mars