Nothing says “summer” like fresh seafood, and if you can’t escape to the islands, bring the island life home with this fresh ceviche recipe.
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1–2 garlic cloves
- 1 fresh serrano or jalapeño chili pepper
- 1 pound fresh white fish (cod, mahi-mahi, tilapia, etc.)
- 1/4–1/2 cup fresh Soli Organic Cilantro
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cucumber
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- Fresh Soli Organic Parsley
- Optional: 1 avocado
- Tortilla chips (to serve)
- Slice the red onion thinly with the grain, and toss in a bowl with salt, pepper and lime juice, coating well.
- Add the fish, garlic, and fresh chilies and gently mix.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, Soli Organic Cilantro and olive oil and stir.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Before serving, taste and add more salt or chilies, as desired. Gently fold avocado in right before serving.
- Serve ceviche in a big bowl, garnished with Soli Organic Parsley, and with tortilla chips on the side.