This dish is a perfect combination of french onion soup and pasta with the added earthy flavor of fresh Thyme. It’s quick and easy to make and sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- Avocado oil + butter, or use just avocado oil
- Yellow onions
- Balsamic vinegar
- Dry red wine
- Broth. Vegetable, beef, or chicken. They all work great.
- Baby Bella mushrooms
- Living Organic Thyme
- Heavy cream or full-fat coconut milk
- Pasta of choice. (Ziti works well)
- Cheese, we like a combination of gruyere and parmesan
- Add oil and butter to a large pot. Add onion and a generous pinch of salt. Cook on medium-high heat until softened, about 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour in balsamic vinegar and 1/2 cup wine, a splash at a time. Keep cooking and stirring until onions are caramelized around 10-12 minutes.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, Living Organic Thyme and cook for a couple of minutes. Pour in broth, cream. Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper and pasta. Bring to a boil. Then, add pasta, cover, and cook until pasta is al-dente about 8-10 minutes, frequently stirring to make sure pasta cooks evenly.
- If using a dutch oven, sprinkle cheese on top and bake at 350F for 10 minutes or transfer pasta to a baking dish. Garnish with fresh thyme..
Recipe by @natteats
For recipe, tips and tricks, and additional recipe ideas, check out: https://natteats.com/creamy-french-onion-pasta-bake/