This classic Thanksgiving favorite combines sweet and salty flavors with a crunchy topping for a melt-in-your-mouth experience.
- FOR THE CASSEROLE:
- 5 Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1 cup Cornflakes, crushed
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- 4 tbsp. Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 tsp. Soli Organic Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Prepare the sweet potatoes by placing them in a large saucepan and covering with water. Bring to a boil and continue to cook until softened, about 12 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Mash the sweet potatoes and then add the eggs, 1/4 cup unsalted butter, half and half, brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix together until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Top with crushed cornflakes, chopped pecans and drizzle with 4 tablespoons of melted butter. Bake until lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves before serving.