A tropical twist on the traditional mojito, this Cuban cocktail featuring fresh mint and coconut is sure to refresh on hot summer days.
- 8 leaves fresh mint
- 1 wheel lime cut in half
- 2 teaspoons lime simple syrup or plain
- 3 oz coconut rum or regular white
- 1 oz cream of coconut
- 3 oz club soda
- Extra lime juice to taste
- 1 wheel lime
- 1 sprig mint
- Place mint and lime in a tall glass and carefully muddle together to release the mint oils and fresh juice. Don't grind them up too much or you'll be spitting out tiny pieces of mint!
- Fill glass 1/2 full with ice over the muddled ingredients.
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in simple syrup, coconut rum, and cream of coconut.
- Shake for 20 seconds then strain into glass.
- Top off drink with club soda and stir carefully. Adjust to taste with a squeeze of fresh lime juice if you like.
- Garnish with a lime wheel and a sprig of mint. You can also add a dollop of coconut flakes on top!
- If you like, you can make your own lime flavored simple syrup. To make enough simple syrup for this recipe, you will need 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup sugar and the zest of 1 lime. Boil the sugar and water together and let it cool completely. Stir in the lime zest.
This is an adapted version of amandascookin.com