Fresh strawberries are great on their own, but dipped in chocolatey, mint-infused whipped cream, they're even better. This easy dessert is elegant and delicious. The addition of fresh mint to the cream gives it a unexpected twist that is sure to surprise and delight. This recipe is special enough for mother's day or valentine's day and easy enough for just your average tuesday.
- 2 cups Whipping Cream
- 2 oz bittersweet Chocolate
- 1/2 oz Fresh Mint
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 32 oz fresh strawberries
- Heat the cream in saucepan until near boiling, but do not boil
- Remove cream from heat, add the mint, stalks and all.
- Cover pan and refrigerate for 1-2 hours
- When cream has cooled, use a double boiler or microwave to gently melt the chocolate
- Pour the infused cream into the bowl of a standing mixer and mix on high with the whisk attachment. You can also use a hand mixer and a large bowl, or even just a whisk if you don't mind the exertion.
- As the cream begins to stiffen, add the sugar and drizzle in the melted chocolate. Continue to whip until stiff.
- Serve with strawberries