Celebrate Derby Day with a twist on the traditional mint julep by adding cherries. It brings a sweeter and more refreshing flavor.
- 10 - 15 fresh Soli Organic Mint leaves (hold a few aside for garnish)
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 3 high-quality cocktail cherries
- 2 TBSP cherry juice from the cocktail cherries
- 2 1/2 ounces of bourbon
- Place the mint and syrup in a classic julep stainless steel cup (frozen).
- Muddle the mint thoroughly with a muddler or the back end of a wooden spoon until the mint is bruised and fragrant. You should be able to smell the mint without sticking your nose in the cup.
- Fill the cup 3/4 full with crushed ice
- Pour bourbon over the ice
- Add cherry juice
- Garnish with fresh Soli Organic Mint