A twist on your ordinary sangria, this summer delight featuring fresh basil and rose wine is sure to please at your next backyard gathering.
- 1 750ml bottle rose wine
- 1 orange sliced
- 11/2 cups mixed berries of choice
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup liquor (brandy, triple-sec, or Chambord)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 16 oz sparkling water such as Pierre
- Combine all the ingredients in a large pitcher (except for the sparkling water) and stir to combine. Cover and store in the refrigerator overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- When serving, pour 2/3 full into an ice-filled glass and then top with one-third sparkling water.
This is an adapted version of a recipe by Mary Goodie Godmother