Ready for an Oktoberfest party food for your backyard bierfest? Try these Apple Chicken Sausages with fresh sage for a bold earthy flavor.
- 1 pack of pre-cooked chicken and apple sausages
- 1 package of quality sub rolls sliced
- 1 chopped medium zucchini or squash
- 1/4 cup chopped sage
- 1 large, chopped onion
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 4 tablespoon avocado oil divided
- In a large frying pan on medium heat, add 2 Tbs avocado oil. Add chopped vegetables, salt, pepper, and sauté until soft, then stir in chopped sage and remove from heat. Add the 2 Tbs avocado oil and chicken sausages in a separate pan, turning them frequently per cooking directions on the package.
- When thoroughly heated, add chicken sausages to the buns and top with the sautéed vegetables.
An alternative way to prepare this dish is to pre-slice the sausages into 1/2 inch pieces and cook with the vegetables incorporating the flavor throughout.