Make Mulling Spices Lit
That’s Tasty Mulling Spices are ready to get lit this holiday season – in a candle! The perfect addition to your holiday table setting, or to adorn your mantle, or quite honestly, to bring sweet scent and joy anywhere. The comforting combination of Orange Peels, Cassia Cinnamon, Cloves, Allspice, and Nutmeg is a friend to all the senses – your taste buds, of course, but the aroma and ambiance of a glowing candle are sure to delight. Better yet? You can whip these candles up in a jiffy! Quick and easy to make, they are a perfect present for friends and family – or to keep for yourself. We won’t tell!
Directions: That’s Tasty Mulling Spices Candle
Total Time: 1 hour | Will Make Two 8oz Candles
- 1 Pack of That’s Tasty Mulling Spices
- At Least 2 lbs of your prefered wax. For this recipe, we used paraffin.
- A stainless steel or glass pouring pot
- 3-4 inch Candle Wicks
- Wick stickers
- Candle wick holder for the top of the wick
- Jar or tin
- Candle thermometer
- Hot plate or stovetop
- Optional: Wax dye
- Pick out your vessel! A clear jar is best for this candle so that you can see the lovely mulling spices.
- Place the wick. Take your wick sticker and place it on the bottom of your jar where you want your wick to go. Attach your wick to the sticker and press it for 10 seconds to make sure it’s stuck.
- Once your wick is in place, pour half a pack of That’s Tasty Mulling Spices into your jar. We split the pack into two jars!
- Heat your wax! Take your stainless steel or glass pouring pot and place it in a bigger sauce pan. Fill the pan with water and place over your hotplate or stovetop. Put your wax into your stainless steel or glass pouring pot. Bring water to a boil. As the water boils, the wax will begin to melt. Feel free to add wax dye in at this point if you’d like your candle to have a pop of color.
- As your wax melts, secure your wick. Run something across the the top of your vessel that you can wrap your wick around to keep it in place. We used a nifty metal wick holder to help us snap the wick into place. You can use a popsicle stick, a straw, or chopstick!
- Once the wax is melted, pour the wax into your candle over the mulling spices.
- Take a minute, do a little dance, and let the wax cool.
- Enjoy your beautiful candle! Light that baby and enjoy the delicious sight and smell!