Cowboy Caviar Stuffed Peppers are fully loaded with savory ground beef, satisfying grains, roasted corn, smooth beans, and gently nestled in a sea of spicy goodness. They’re easy to make and reheat nicely, making them a great option for make-ahead meal prep!
Traditionally, cowboy caviar is a hearty dip that’s served with tortilla chips. It has a tangy-sweet dressing and is typically made with black-eyed peas, black beans, and fresh veggies. We went ahead and skipped the dressing, added enchilada sauce into the mix, and then stuffed all the ingredients into a bell pepper. Hello, gorgeous. Next, for good measure, we topped each stuffed pepper with cheese and baked them to perfection. Here at That’s Tasty, we’re big fans of fusion mash-ups. If you swoon for out-of-the-box recipes as well, make sure to check out our Dog Days of Summer and Taco Tuesday posts!
That’s Tasty Organic Cilantro is the ultimate herb to compliment any Tex-Mex dish.
Cilantro brings a fiesta of freshness to just about anything you add it to; so, make sure to pile it on! The citrus-like flavor pairs well with the savory notes in this recipe and the pop of green color adds to its curb appeal.
Cowboy Caviar Stuffed Peppers
- 1 cup cooked Rice
- 1 lb. Ground Beef, Turkey, or Chicken
- ½ Red Onion, diced
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package of Taco Seasoning
- 2/3 cup Water
- 4 Bell Peppers, cut in half and seeds removed
- 2 cups Enchilada Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Garlic Purée
- ½ cup Corn (fresh, canned, or thawed frozen)
- 1 cup Black Beans
- ½ cup Black Eyed Peas
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, drained
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- Organic Cilantro
- Fresh Radishes, sliced
- Salsa or Pico De Gallo
- Fresh Jalapenos, sliced
- Queso Fresco or Feta, crumbled
- Fresh Avocado or Guacamole
- Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- Tortilla Chips, for serving